Tuesday, April 19, 2011

"Bam" and laughter - when you really shouldn't

Hello all!

OK, so in case you didn't know - I LOVE to scare people. And even when it happens unintentionally, I laugh like a little school girl. Oh, how I laugh.

And one of those unintentional scares happened today at work. I had loaded up a wagon with a bunch of heavy boxes. And so in our cooler there are two separate rooms. To get to the other room you have to go through swing doors.

I saw one of my co-workers on the other side of the swing doors but didn't think much of it. So, I barge through the doors with the wagon leading the way and my co-worker jumps out of his skin. But he seems a little flustered and doesn't say anything about scaring him. So, my first instinct is to laugh so hard but I feel like it would be not nice to say that he was scared.

So, then becomes the near impossible task of not laughing. This always happened to me at night church when I a kid. I used to always want to burst out laughing at something my cousin or my sister would say. There's something that makes it worse when you know you can't burst out laughing.

So, I unload my cart facing the wall, smiling so big. Finally, I go back to the warehouse and freely chuckle to myself. Cause, well, scaring people is just that funny.

I still laugh to this day about a time that my two roomies, Laura and Melody, scared each other by accident in our basement apartment. It was seriously the funniest thing ever. If you'd like to hear that story - let me know I will tell you the humourous tale.

So, what's the best scare you've had or given? Or what's your tale of the forbidden laughter?

1 comment:

  1. "The Tale of Forbidden Laughter" sounds like the name of an autobiographical book on my laugh. Laughing in church was a common reoccurance for me, and worse is my want to laugh at funerals. I dont know if you have this problem also--It's like all the sadness and crying makes me sweaty and awkward to the point of explosive giggles.
    And as for scaring,I think you've given me some of the worst scares of my life...

    ReplyDelete