Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Guilty Pleasures of the Musical Kind

Hey Everyone!

OK, so I have been tossing around a couple of ideas. One was writing about small scarves and the judgements that I receive from wearing them.

SIDENOTE: A scarf is meant to warm one's neck, correct? Therefore, to wear a scarf that merely fits around your neck and leaves a little tail is doing what a scarf is meant to do.

OK, sidenote done. Onto the post, that I decided to write about. So, via my Visa card, I gain points and then can get sweet gift cards for various places. This time I decided to go crazy and get an iTunes gift card. So, I am very strategic in my buying on iTunes because oddly enough 25 bucks doesn't get you that far. So, I have been pondering my purchases for a few months (no joke... I'm a little weird when it comes to buying music and movies for that matter.)

So, there's this one album that I have considered buying for 2 years. Seriously. You see, back in my teen years, I was a Christian music junkie. If Lady Gaga was around back then, I probably wouldn't even know who she was. You ask me who Rebecca St. James was and I would look at you like you were stupid.

So, this is not a bash Christian music post because hey, if you put on an old Michael W. Smith album right now, I would be smiling ear to ear. But there is one man in Christian music who keeps me buying his cds to this day. And that guys' name is Mark Schultz. I can't help myself. I own all of his cds and the cd that I have been circulating for 2 years was his latest offering, Come Alive. So, here I am two years later listening to his album on repeat. I put it on my iPod and listened to it as I fell asleep and I quite literally had a smile on my face.

Mark is my guilty pleasure cause I am pretty sure if I went to his concert I would be the youngest person (let's just cancel out the homeschoolers) there!

And if you have no idea who this fella is, here's a little taste.

So, here's the rules - I told you mine, now tell me yours.


No comments:

Post a Comment