Tuesday, August 23, 2011

The Art of Subway Orders

Hello all!

So, I went to Subway the other day to get a sub to eat. Obviously.

My sister was with me and when we were walking home after getting our subs, we started talking about our method of choosing our fillers. You may scratch your head and say why would you ever need a method to order a sub?

Well, my friends, it is an art form to get the perfect sub. Let me explain.

I only put four things in my sub. And so since I don't have that much, I try as much of the four as possible. So, my method is to say cucumbers...(wait till they are almost done their row)...pickles...(wait until they are almost done their row)...lettuce...and so on. My theory is that if I say them slowly they will finish each row more thoroughly.

I tested out another method as suggested by my sister. I said all four toppings at once and said that's all. She thought that if they knew I only had four toppings that they would put more of each on. And that theory is wrong! It more or less confused them by telling them so many things at once.

So, I will stick with my original way of ordering. I like to consider myself a pro because I had subs like they were going out business in first year university.

After reading this, are you like "Erica, I am going to stop reading your blog cause you're an idiot." or do you have art form when ordering your sub? Please share.

1 comment:

  1. ahh.. well since you asked.. I do!

    I tell them: a little bit of lettuce. "that's too much, take a bit off please". (if they loaded too much on, cause they tend to with the lettuce..

    "lots of pickles" then when they're done.. I say.. "more please".. because they never put enough on. then "lots of green olives"... "more please".

    I do the same as you.. each item at a time, however, I will ask for more if they don't give enough. stingy submakers.

    ReplyDelete