Friday, August 12, 2011

Filters of the Mind

Hello everyone!
I come to you from my wee little cubicle on the edge of Scarborough. And in case you think I am not doing work - that is false. My video is rendering. And if you don't know what that means...look it up.
So, the office I work in, falls a little on the side of being conservative. Though, there are no doubt wildcards. But in the name of office unity, we all put on the facade of being "conservative". Some perhaps more than others...
But alas, through this new office environment, I have learned more than ever that I must really think before speaking. My filter is on high alert when I enter the doors of my office. I am careful what I say, what I talk about and I learn to close my mouth when taboo subjects come up. It is like a brand new me!
Though, I must say, as much as most are quite conservative, these are the loveliest people I have ever worked with. Even though, I may not talk about Bachelor Pad (which I have yet to decide whether to watch or not... you may advise if you like...), I can still find many other worthy conversation topics. Probably better than Bachelor Pad. In fact, most definitely.
But alas, my filter is on most securely between the hours of 8:30-5:00pm, except for short periods of time when I speak to certain individuals. You know who you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment