Thursday, February 24, 2011

Coffee For All!!

Hello once again! Sorry for the long wait.

I would consider myself a rookie coffee drinker. As in, I started drinking coffee everyday only a few years ago. But now I am a full blown addict! I have to drink coffee everyday or else I get a headache and become grumpy. One time, I slept over at Laura Wiebe's house and forgot my coffee. She immediately took me to Tim Horton's so she didn't have to deal with me. But aside from that, I also just love coffee. Though, there is a very animalistic nature among coffee drinkers.

Let me explain.

At work, we all put money into a coffee fund each month so the majority of us drink our morning coffee at work. One morning I walk into the lunch room with my travel mug ready to fill up but what I discover instills fear to all caffeine addicts. There is no coffee.

In my head, I scream a long movie-like, "NOOOOOOOO!!" Immediately, I think, "oh crap, I can't do my job. My head will be pounding and I won't be able to function. What am I going to do." Slowly, I found out, that coffee will be coming.

Relief flooded my soul.

But as I waited for the coffee, I slowly discovered that we coffee drinkers are all the same. Everyone who came seeking their morning brew, let out groans of pain.

I told my supervisor one day, that for the most part, I will let anyone go before me in a line, but if there's a line for a limited supply of coffee, I will charge the pot and take it. I would not feel guilty. Not in the least.

Question of the day:
How do you take your coffee? Or if you don't drink coffee, what's your hot beverage of choice or what drink do you have to have?

3 comments:

  1. I try to limit my caffine intake becuase I do not want to get addictted. Thank you for renewing that goal for me. Nonetheless I enjoy a coffee and most Sunday mornings as a treat. I put a little bit of hot chocolate in it.mmmMMmm its good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mocha or Hot Chocolate... yummmmmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love me my java.. but i don't normally imbibe more than 1-2 cups per morning. i can easily get by without a headache.. but it will hit me by afternoon the next day.

    i can't do Tim's though... their beans are too green.. rot my gut.

    black coffee (has to be a good dark roast by either PC, Compliments or Starbucks) is my go to.

    Green tea or some herbal teas..

    distilled water (not spring.. cannot handle spring water)

    dry red wine

    diet coke

    those are the essentials. :)

    ReplyDelete