Friday, February 4, 2011

The Open Road To The Liquor Store

Today I was able to drive a vehicular machine. It has been a while, my friends!

And let me just say it was fan-freakin-tastic. I blasted the music and sang to my hearts content. I love being in car just singing away and not really caring about where I'm going or when I have to be there. And may I just add singing out of tune is the only way to sing in the car. There is just something about driving that makes you feel free and independent. Until a snowbank takes up half your lane and then you remember that you aren't the only one on the road because you have to share the lane with the other folks. Good ol' Edmonton.

I also went to the liquor store after work today cause I just wanted a Breezer. And when I walked into the local liquor store, I felt dirty and like I was buying something illegal. It was the most shady store ever. All the liquor stores look like that though! It blows me mind. And in Ontario, I can take two strawberry daiquiris and two orange smoothies but they wouldn't let me mix and match. As I walked out of the store, I said to myself, "I miss the LCBO." :)

Choose your weapon:
a) Do you like being in the car?
b) Have you ever been in the sketch liquor stores of Edmonton? What's your favourite drink?
c) Comment about both!


3 comments:

  1. I think anybody who knows me at all knows that one of my favorite things on the planet is singing loudly in a car, off tune. You know what is even more my favorite is being in a car with you and singing off tune! Except when there is too much country tuneage.

    I have not been to Edmonton so I cannot sympathesize it your sketchiness. But you have my empathy. Might I suggest carmel rum to go in coffee. To me it sounds like you chose some summer drinks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have sweet memories of us singing in the car! Remember that time we were singing and then Jenn was like "whoa, you guys actually harmonized." haha. And I have even sweeter memories of us singing in your room! haha.

    Carmel rum is a great idea! I wanted rum but didn't want to buy a whole bottle so I just did the cooler thing. I will have to check that out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like bein' in a car! I always tune up the music player and enjoy drivin'. Hmm, I've never been in a liquor store while on the road though. I prefer my wife bringing me home a bottle of wine after work. LOL!

    Kristopher Gawron

    ReplyDelete