Saturday, June 4, 2011

Tennis

Hello all!

Well, its that time of year again where I sit on my butt and watch hours of tennis. It is like an addiction. But only an addiction that happens four times a year. This addiction started about 3-4 years ago but I only faithfully watch the Grand Slams of tennis. The Australian Open (January), The French Open (end of May, beginning of June), Wimbledon (end of June, beginning of July) and finally the US Open (August).

These are the times of year that whoever I am living with will learn a lot about tennis. Right now, it is Paul and Jennie. I have overtaken their television and their living room. I quite literally come home from work, grab my laptop and a juice box and watch tennis till bed time. I also snack on chocolate covered almonds until I realize how many I've eaten and get up to get some actual dinner while then eating it in front of the TV.

I remember a couple of years ago when I was taking some spring classes. Laura was living with me at the time and Wimbledon was on (which is my favourite grand slam). She absolutely hated it because I was quite literally glued to the TV and she would yell at me to study or tell me she wanted to watch something other than tennis. You see the glorious thing about the grand slams is that you can pretty much turn on the TV anytime of the day and find it. But really, studying french or watching tennis? TENNIS, obviously.

So, here is my question for you. Studying french or tennis? Choose your own adventure.

2 comments:

  1. I'd have to go with French.. I'm beginning to worry about you... all you need is your brown velour rocker chair from the Youth room...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate that you've corrupted my sister. Thankfully this year we're too busy to watch TV.

    ReplyDelete